(Lowi & G): This past week we’ve been out of our usual routines. In fact, so out of routine that Lowi and I were in the same zip code for a few days. I don’t know that I’d say we actually exercised but we did get in some new styles of torture.
To recap in case you’ve been out doing other things instead of following our every move… Lowi was in Ohio to pitch in while our Dad starts his hip replacement recovery.
We were offered some of the following experiences:
- Hauling firewood up the hill in the backyard
- Practicing our fire-starting and maintaining skills
- Frequent emptying of a urinal
- An unfortunate encounter with a bedside commode
- Repeatedly and in unison yelling reminders like: “Don’t twist, let me help you, and slow down” to our Dad whenever he even thought about moving in a way we felt was against his rules or restrictions while he recuperates.
Aside from that I do think Lowi is now fully prepared for Navy SEAL training. She made it through about 5 days with little to no sleep. Isn’t that what hell week is all about? Actually, Mom and Lowi are both ready for SEAL training.
I’ll stay home with Dad and eat turtles while those two go off to Coronado for their military excursion.
We’re happy to report that Big Papa Lou is healing and moving along with his recovery.
And just in case he’s reading this:
Extend your leg out when you sit down
Let Mom help you
Don’t do anything stupid
Sunshine & Sarcasm,
Lowi & G
P.S. Dad, we are watching you like Santa, that fat, judgmental bastard!!:-)